Old April 15th 08, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default FCC (GN) Z6 Boundary Extension Ticketing

In article
,
Mizter T writes
[This was hammered into me the other day when Kentish Town actually
issued me a "zonal extension", on LU stock, when I asked for a BZ6 to
Luton ticket. The gates at Luton were happy with it, though.]

Most interesting. Can you provide some more information as to how it
was issued - did it actually state "zonal extension" in those words on
the ticket,

I'm fairly sure it did (I was running out of time before the train
arrived, so I only glanced at it). It certainly did not carry either the
term "Boundary Zone 6" or "Luton" on it.

did it cost the right amount (i.e. what you'd be charged
if you bought it as a National Rail ticket office), was it correctly
discounted as per your Gold Card etc?

I think so. The seller looked up the fare in a list which certainly had
Luton as the row heading, and then went to a discount table. I paid
4.25; is that the right price for a single with Gold Card discount?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: