Old April 16th 08, 12:44 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Lords Cricket Ground disused tunnel

On 15 Apr, 14:23, Tom Anderson wrote:
You are of course right that there isn't room for platforms on the
Chiltern tracks, at least not without demolishing the houses on the north
side of Broadhurst Gardens or doing something equally ludicrous like
rerouting the line through tubes under the station.

I think your best bet would be demolishing the workshop/warehouse
buildings between the line and Blackburn Road and slewing the whole
lot north. That'd give you enough space for platforms, though how much
length the curves would need is another matter.

(Actually the minimum width of an island platform is 4m. Allowing 3m
per track we can get a get a six platform station like Harrow-on-the-
Hill in 30m, and the current formation is already 37m wide. HotH is
46m wide)

btw, There's a mini interchange project planned as part of rebuilding
the Thameslink station, which will get a new entrance building above
the tracks, putting it slightly closer to the other two. The pavement
will be widened on that side past the Overground station and a better
crossing to the tube station provided.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London