Old April 16th 08, 10:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Lords Cricket Ground disused tunnel

On 16 Apr, 22:51, Tom Anderson wrote:
Depending on stopping patterns. Do Thameslinks which run to Brighton stop
at West Hampstead?

Not as part of the standard pattern, where they run non-stop from St
Pancras to St Albans.

Would fast Aylesbury Chilterns stop at West Hampstead,
or would it only be the stoppers?

I think there's mostly only one stopping pattern on that line, which
is at all stops they serve.

High Wycombe to Shoreditch with one
change would require ELL trains to be running through as far as West
Hampstead, which is not currently the plan (AIUI).

Yep. Its dedicated tracks will end at H&I with only a single track
connection beyond to the westbound NLL for stock transfers, making it
operationally impossible to run any sort of service.

Journeys like this would be brilliant, and would make a lot of sense to
arrang stopping patterns so that they were possible, but it would go
against the grain of current planning, which is already deleting
fast-train stops from Watford Junction (although they have been added at
Stratford in recent years, so YMMV).

I think the most recent RUS recommended stopping every train at
Stratford.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London