Old April 17th 08, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Drabble Graham Drabble is offline

Default PAYG Ealing Broadway - Greenford

On 17 Apr 2008 MIG wrote in

m:

On Apr 16, 10:19*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 16 Apr, 20:10, Paul Corfield wrote:

I've seen a notice today that says that PAYG is valid Ealing
Broadway - Greenford (but not at intermediate stations) on FGW
services with immediate effect. *Note that the planned
extension of validity to Paddington has NOT occurred yet.

But this isn't anything new, as Oyster PAYG has been valid
between Ealing Broadway and Greenford since January!

My first thought was that's it's been valid a lot longer than
that, via North Acton.

Maybe if there aren't any ticket checks or barriers on the FGW
trains and stations, it's a recognition that people are going to
go that way anyway.

There are occaisonal ticket checks on the overpass between
Underground / platform 4 at Ealing and plaforms 1,2 and 3 but no
permanent barriers. Don't know about Greenford.

That said I'm sure I saw someone getting pulled by one of the ticket
checks a couple of weeks a go because she was travelling on PAYG.

--
Graham Drabble
http://www.drabble.me.uk/