Old April 18th 08, 04:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Lords Cricket Ground disused tunnel

On 18 Apr, 13:08, John B wrote:

On 17 Apr, 19:38, Mr Thant
wrote:

I've been from Finchley Road Homebase to Finsbury Park by tube laden
with DIY products several times [because I used to work on Finchley
Road rather than out of /sheer/ insanity]

And what's wrong with the one in Harringay?

(or hadn't it been built yet?)

Absolutely nothing, but it was a 20-minute walk from my house in the
opposite direction from the Tube, whereas the one at the back of the
O2 was on my way home.

I do wonder how many punters have been directed to the wrong "O2" -
they are both, after all, on the Jubilee line! Though I suppose a
double-vodka tonic is somewhat cheaper in the Wetherspoon's pub in the
Finchley Rd O2 (at least I think the hostelry within is owned by that
all pervasive chain).

Incidentally for many years the B&Q on the Old Kent Road genuinely was
worth avoiding - the place was completely chaotic, stock was anywhere
and everywhere (or more often than not nowhere) and the staff were
clueless. However nowadays thankfully regulars tell me that things
have been properly sorted out and knocked into shape.