Old April 19th 08, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
JB[_2_] JB[_2_] is offline

Default FCC (GN) Z6 Boundary Extension Ticketing

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:03:09 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

In article , Barry Salter
writes
*Is* it necessary to stop at the boundary station when making such a
journey?

Only if the "other" ticket is *NOT* a Season ticket, as per Condition
19 of the NCoC.

Note, by the way, that a "Boundary Zone" ticket is *not* a separate
ticket for the purposes of NCoC 19. Rather, it's a receipt for the
additional fare to extend your journey, so that your Travelcard
*becomes* the ticket valid for the journey to the named station.

[This was hammered into me the other day when Kentish Town actually
issued me a "zonal extension", on LU stock, when I asked for a BZ6 to
Luton ticket. The gates at Luton were happy with it, though.]

Very interesting. Last week I had to travel from an FCC station
somewhere north of London* to Redhill, and then around London. I was
going to buy a one day "north of London" to R1256 travelcard and an
East Croydon to Redhill day return (as I know all the Redhill trains
stop at East Croydon). But the ticket office at the FCC station told
me I was better getting a Boundary 6 to Redhill.

I did ponder whether it was a valid combination for NCOC 19, but if
you are saying that it is not a combination, but should be considered
one ticket, that makes sense.

*location removed as I wouldn't want the FCC station to get into
trouble for suggesting cheaper tickets.