Old November 20th 03, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default LT card validity on suburban rail

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:01:28 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:

TfL says "The LT Card is not generally valid on National Rail
services."; that suggests that there are services where it is
specifically valid. Could anyone tell me what they are? In particular,
does it include WAGN's Liverpool Street to Chingford service, or the
Silverlink north London orbital route (that runs through Hackney
Central and Finchley Road, amongst other places).

By 'Finchley Road', i obviously mean 'West Hampstead'. Oops.

Also, does it make any difference if it's a student LT card?

It's only valid on NR services where they parallel Underground routes,
such as Richmond - Gunnersbury and Barking - Upminster, so they are not
valid throughout Silverlink. Student LT Cards have identical validities
to the day ones.

Okay, thanks.

When did this last change? The thing is, when i started being a student in
London, a few months ago, there was a big story in a student paper about
how our Great Helmsman, Mr Livingstone, had changed the rules in such a
way to make the LT card more use to people living in northeast London. Did
i imagine that?

Thanks,
tom

--