Old April 19th 08, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default FCC (GN) Z6 Boundary Extension Ticketing

In article 01c8a247$c37595a0$LocalHost@default, (Michael
R N Dolbear) wrote:

JB wrote

stop at East Croydon). But the ticket office at the FCC station told
me I was better getting a Boundary 6 to Redhill.

I did ponder whether it was a valid combination for NCOC 19, but if
you are saying that it is not a combination, but should be considered
one ticket, that makes sense.

*location removed as I wouldn't want the FCC station to get into
trouble for suggesting cheaper tickets.

All National Rail ticket officers are supposed to suggest a cheaper
ticket if such exists and, eg, Which? will sic their mystery shoppers
on them and berate them if they fail.

Cambridge don't do that then. Try a Cambridge-Putney cheap day return
from their machines and they will only offer a CDR at £17.15 (with
Network Card discount). They should offer a day travelcard at £15.85 of
course. I've complained to NXEA but the reply completely missed my point
and the follow-up has so far gone unanswered. I've not noticed any
change.

--
Colin Rosenstiel