Old April 19th 08, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default FCC (GN) Z6 Boundary Extension Ticketing

In article ,
(John Salmon) wrote:

"Michael Hoffman" wrote
John Salmon wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote
So, for the sake of clarity, can we confirm that a 'Boundary Zone'
ticket can also be used with a *Day* Travelcard - as the 'Boundary
Zone' ticket is not in fact technically a separate ticket, merely
a receipt for an additional fare?

Yes, indeed I can confirm that. I do it regularly when I visit
London for 'leisure' (railway enthusiasm) purposes; I have often
bought more than one such BZ ticket on the same day. Sometimes I
extend 'normal' Day Travelcards; on other occasions I extend
'outboundary' Day Travelcards.

On Thursday this week, I used a Day Travelcard from Newark [1] and
at Victoria I extended it from BZ6 to Bognor Regis. Or at least
that's what I asked for at Victoria; I later discovered that I'd
been issued a Cheap Day Return from BZ*4* (rather than 6). Can
anyone tell me how much extra I paid because of this error?

You might have paid less. I recall that SVRs to Cambridge are
cheaper from BZ4 than from BZ6 or something like that at the moment.

Interesting. How are these extension fares calculated?

If FCC are involved, with a ouija board, as far as I can see.

--
Colin Rosenstiel