Old November 20th 03, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default LT card validity on suburban rail

wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Hi,

TfL says "The LT Card is not generally valid on National Rail services.";
that suggests that there are services where it is specifically valid.
Could anyone tell me what they are? In particular, does it include WAGN's
Liverpool Street to Chingford service, or the Silverlink north London
orbital route (that runs through Hackney Central and Finchley Road,
amongst other places). Also, does it make any difference if it's a

student
LT card?

I've googled the web and this group, looked on TfL's website and asked a
chap at a tube station, but haven't found an answer.

It's only valid on NR services where they parallel Underground routes,
such as Richmond - Gunnersbury and Barking - Upminster,

Upminster - Fenchurch Street, in fact.

Also Stratford - Liverpool Street and, IIRC, Kings Cross - Finsbury Park.

OTOH, I believe LT Cards are not valid on either National Rail or the
Bakerloo Line where they share the same tracks up to Harrow & Wealdstone.
Fares on this section are set by National Rail, not LU.

Chris