Old April 20th 08, 09:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
furnessvale furnessvale is offline

Default Airtrack

On Apr 20, 7:24�am, Mwmbwls wrote:
Spelthorne Councillors seek to choose Airtrack electrification
voltage. It reminds me of the days when London had conduit trams
because overhead wires were considered unsightly - but then at least
they owned the streets and the trams - unlike Spelthorne. This is
surely a technical rather than a political question. Note also Mr
Livingstone's response.

I don't know the details of the scheme but if it is new build I doubt
thrird rail would be allowed. If it is allowed as an "infill" I hope
the councillors take on the job of delivering the death messages to
parents when the kiddywinkies get zapped.

George