Old April 21st 08, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Drivers protesting about a film

On 21 Apr, 15:20, Walter Briscoe wrote:

In message
of
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 04:03:17 in uk.transport.london, Boltar
writes

Seems some people have nothing better to do with their lives:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3787873.ece

Perhaps soldiers or policemen or doctors or insert any profession you
can think of here should protest about any film which shows them in a
bad light or shows something distressing related to what they do.

That article has "Keith Norman, general secretary of Aslef (sic) [I
believe it ought to be ASLEF standing for Associated Society of
Locomotive Engineers and Firemen]" [...]

Different publications use different house styles when it comes to
acronyms, and the Times is consistent with its use of Aslef. I can't
find reference to it in the Times style guide (which can be accessed
online) but I think those acronyms that can be said aloud as if they
were a word are thus treated like a proper noun and only the initial
letter is capitalised.