Old April 21st 08, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Drivers protesting about a film

On 21 Apr, 18:19, Roland Perry wrote:
eg: Cop-shows on TV are staggeringly unrealistic when it comes to police
procedure; it's just not funny (if you worry about such things). On the
other hand, if you think scene-of-crimes officers double as a swat team,
or can read a cctv image of a car numberplate a mile away - keep
watching CSI-NewYork without complaining.

Have you seen The Wire? In terms of conveying the tedious grind,
rubbish equipment and dealing-with-demotivated-incompetents side of
police work, it seems to do quite well - at least, better than
anything else I've seen. I'm not sure how accurate it is in terms of
procedure though...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org