Old April 21st 08, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Drivers protesting about a film

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, www.waspies.net wrote:

Boltar wrote:

?
Seems some people have nothing better to do with their lives:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3787873.ece

Perhaps soldiers or policemen or doctors or insert any profession you
can think of here should protest about any film which shows them in a
bad light or shows something distressing related to what they do.

As a driver who helps victims of train suicide I think it's very poor of the
company to take the 40 pieces of silver for this film to be made on TFL
premises

If this film really is about suicides on the tube, and someone trying to
engineer one, then yes, this is in incredibly poor taste. But here's
something from the article:

But Crook, best known for playing the character of Gareth in The Office,
denied the new comedy about deaths on the London Underground was
insensitive.

"When I read the premise I thought this might be a touchy subject," he
said. "But it soon became obvious that wasn't what the film is about."

Crook, who said he was "very proud" of the British-made movie, said he was
"disappointed" people had been "jumping to conclusions".

"They're imagining we've made a very distasteful, bad-taste film, which we
haven't," he said. "Hopefully those people who have objected will go and
see it and realise they have got the wrong end of the stick."

Which makes it sounds like the union's concerns are misplaced. Do we have
any opinions from anyone who's actually seen the film?

tom

--
In-jokes for out-casts