Old April 23rd 08, 01:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ernst S Blofeld Ernst S Blofeld is offline

Default Bakerloo Line 21st April 2008

Patrick Osborne wrote:
After waiting FIFTEEN minutes with no announcements, a train finally
turned up. This then crawled to Piccadilly Circus, waited there
another ten minutes, crawled to Oxford Circus, waited there about
another five minutes, then crawled again up to Regent's Park. All
this with no announcements at all

No announcements at all? I would have expected to have been serenaded at
each station with "Good services are in operation on all London
Underground lines", at the very least. All part of the service, you know.

I'm not quite sure if the lack of the oblivious announcement should be
seen as a positive development or an indication that the PA system was down.

ESB