Old April 23rd 08, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Central line to be converted to AC?

On 23 Apr, 09:02, Boltar wrote:

On Apr 22, 8:09 pm, Clive wrote:

In message
,
Boltar writes
Why arn't they using it already, what are they waiting for? The A
stock was doing 60 mph back in the 1960s with no ATO in sight.

So was 62 stock on the Central line, but it was not authorised for use
in tunnel sections.

I'm not surprised. Could you imagine the piston effect that would
have? People waiting on platforms would be blown down the tunnel

How about we just ditch the trains and install massive fans to create
public wind tunnel transportation - people could just jump in and out
of the airflow. It'd be an exhilarating ride too, though those with a
sensitive disposition about their hair (Mrs Prescott, Natasha
Kaplinsky etc) will likely opt to stay in their Jags or taxi's on the
surface. The tunnels might need a bit of a clean to remove all the
dust first, and some padded lining to cover the tunnel walls might not
be a bad idea either.

The alternative would be to turn the tunnels into massive water
flumes, so we'd have something akin to a water park under central
London. Now that does sound like a good idea!