Old November 20th 03, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stuart Johnson Stuart Johnson is offline

Default Stag Lane Aerodrome

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:45:27 +0000, Greg Hennessy
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:14:41 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

OT: What do you know about Staburn Court, at the north end of Stag Lane? I
suspect that it's not that nice inside, and is a bit run down-looking on the
outside, but it is definitely striking, if you like Art Deco.

I believe it used be a cinema and was derelict when I moved into the area
back in 1987. It was expensively rebuilt/refurbished in the early 90s as a
kwiksave (I know the guy who had the contract to do the concrete
internally) IIRC, however it was closed not long afterwards when they were
going through a rough patch.

It was never that good when compared to tescos just over the road.

Is this the old Co-op building? When I lived in Kingsbury, 1967 to
1988, it was a Co-op which sold furniture, electrical good etc, but
it was closed as it did not meet fire (I think) regulations. I seem
to recall it was converted into flats, but my memory could be playing
me up in this.
--
Stuart Johnson in Peterhead, Scotland