Old November 20th 03, 07:40 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article

om, Dan Holdsworth writes

[1] Doing it this way, you could also look for mobile phones that
appear to be in use and moving along a motorway, and flag these
locations up to the local police, for much improved enforcement of
anti-mobile laws.

There is no law against the use of a mobile phone while moving on a
motorway.

Yes, there is. The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) (Amendment) (No. 4)
Regulations 2003. It doesn't come into effect until 1 Dec 2003, and it
only affects the use of a hand-held mobile by the driver. What I assume
you meant was that the system would not be able to distinguish between
legal and illegal use of a mobile mobile, not that all use was legal.
--
Richard J.