Old April 24th 08, 01:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default A good day for burying good news - ELL Phase 2

On 24 Apr, 06:54, Mwmbwls wrote:
Thank you - I stand corrected for not knowing my Thant from my
Thingumis. This outbreak of common sense displayed by the DfT in this
matter should will be rewarded in better construction project
management and reduced rolling stock and traction procurement costs.Is
there going to be another rolling stock repeat order soon? And who in
the DfT is going to realise that this clever wheeze could work
elsewhere?

May I suggest that this outbreak of common sense at the DfT can be
significantly attributed to the clear case set out by Network Rail in
the RUS and the persuasive arguments laid out by TfL and Mayor Ken.
Though as I say elsewhere on this thread, I wonder whether Network
Rail was quite attuned to the timetable of events, in that I'm sure
that some would have been very keen for this announcement to have been
made before the Mayoral election 'purdah' (or news blackout) kicked in.