Old April 24th 08, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oh No Kenny O

On 24 Apr, 15:29, MIG wrote:

On 24 Apr, 15:17, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 24 Apr, 15:09, Mwmbwls wrote:

Is that it - letting the station building to a retailer and build a
couple of sheds – why not use the air rights over the station to build
a substantial high rise complex – office, retail, housing ala Dalston
Junction and use the profits to have decent station facilities.

Probably best to read the press release TB is repeating:
http://www.lsh.co.uk/pages/news_deta...1&q=overground

"New stations are also proposed including one at Kensington and
Olympia, where there are plans to let the existing station let to a
retailer following the development of a new smaller station."

I think they're referring to letting out the land rather than just the
building - which is just a small scruffy single storey concrete thing
isn't it?

So, new facilities based on the number of people who currently go
there attracted by services which are about to be withdrawn.

You're referring to the withdrawal of direct services from KO to
Gatwick, which I do think is a great shame but the argument put
forward strongly by the RUS is that they simply weren't the best use
of scarce capacity.

However the plan is for there to be both *more* LO trains between
Clapham and Willesden Junctions, and also *more* Southern services
from Watford Jn to, er, South Croydon was it (I think the RUS proposes
making these half-hourly).

So despite the withdrawal of Gatwick trains Olympia is still set to
get busier. Lots and lots of people are attracted there by the local
services.

Nearly as bizarre as demolishing Camden in order to accommodate the
number of people who go to Camden to visit the things that are being
demolished.

Whilst I absolutely understand where you're coming from, the plan
doesn't involve "demolishing Camden", it just doesn't.