Old April 24th 08, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oh No Kenny O

Mr Thant wrote:
On 24 Apr, 15:09, Mwmbwls wrote:
Is that it - letting the station building to a retailer and build a
couple of sheds – why not use the air rights over the station to
build a substantial high rise complex – office, retail, housing ala
Dalston Junction and use the profits to have decent station
facilities.

Probably best to read the press release TB is repeating:
http://www.lsh.co.uk/pages/news_deta...1&q=overground

"New stations are also proposed including one at Kensington and
Olympia, where there are plans to let the existing station let to a
retailer following the development of a new smaller station."

I think a more accurate interpretation might be:

"New station buildings are also proposed including one at Kensington
Olympia, where there are plans to let the existing building to a retailer
following the development of a new smaller ticket office."

I suspect air rights here would be objected to by owners of the existing
terraced properties along the east side of the railway?

Paul S