Old April 24th 08, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard Richard is offline

Default London Overground ticket machines & Oyster

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:12:12 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:41:05 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

In case anyone is thinking of getting a Navigo on their next visit to Paris,
please note that there is no Pay-As-You-Go facility. You can only load a
weekly or longer Travelcard-type "Carte Orange" on to a Navigo, and the
weekly/monthly seasons are only valid for calendar weeks/months (week
starting on Monday, month starting on the 1st).

Why do they do that? Doesn't it just result in long queues?

I think it's just because they always did. At the moment, as the
original Richard says, the Navigo just offers what has always been
available on paper, and nothing more. I got one because, well, I
would, and also because I was there for almost a week, starting on a
Monday... Otherwise I would have got a carnet or daily tickets as
necessary.

Richard.