Old November 20th 03, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

Default Graffiti

New Tube boss Tim O'Toole appeared on BBC LDN Thursday night to talk about
graffiti crackdown. He said that damaged trains would be taken out of
service until cleaned/repaired.

Today: hardly any Circle line due to "a shortage of operational stock".

I applaud the move to get rid of graffiti, but surely most passengers would
rather have damaged trains in service than no trains at all?

Given the amount of damage to most trains (much of which seems to happen in
depots anyway) we could quickly end up with no trains at all. But, at least
we wouldn't see any train graffiti as we walked to work....

Rob.