Old April 26th 08, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Best route Stansted Express - Turnham Green

Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
What is the best route from Liverpool Street or Tottenham Hale to
Turnham Green, with luggage?

Mr Thant's route is pretty good, but see below for other comments.

We arrive on Friday 23 May in the evening and leave again Saturday 31
May, early morning. When should we start from Turnham Green to be at
Stansted Airport at about 0730?

The TfL journey planner at http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk gives journey
times of typically 90 to 100 minutes. Note that all Piccadilly Line trains
call at Turnham Green station before 06:45 (and also after 22:30 in the
evenings).

Looking at the tube map, I can at see at least these options:

Tottenham Hale - Victoria - Turnham Green
Liverpool Street - Holborn - Hammersmith (cross platform) - Turnham Green
Liverpool Street - Notting Hill Gate - Earl's Court - Turnham Green
Liverpool Street - Edgware Road - Earl's Court - Turnham Green

All those routes involve stairs at some point on the journey, in addition to
the stairs down on arrival at Turnham Green.

Liverpool Street - Tower Hill - Turnham Green

This is the simplest option with the minimum of luggage handling, and no
steps until you get to Turnham Green. 'Eastbound' Circle Line to, say,
Monument, then wait on the same platform for a Richmond or Ealing Broadway
train (District Line). If steps are a problem at Turnham Green, you could
leave the train at Hammersmith where there are lifts to street level and a
taxi rank on the Broadway outside the station.

--
Richard J.