Old April 27th 08, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Best route Stansted Express - Turnham Green

On 27 Apr, 21:50, Roland Perry wrote:

In message
,
at 13:36:41 on Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Mizter T remarked:

Am I the only person who doesn't worry about this sort of stuff?!

One day when you are over 80, or have a bad back and two large
suitcases, you'll start worrying. I won't wish you into a wheelchair,
though.

Thank you, you are most benevolent Mr Perry...

Being serious, sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that - I am
fully aware that there is an enormous panoply of reasons why
travellers might wish to avoid stairs when using public transport, and
I am genuinely most sympathetically minded towards that, and am
strongly in favour of stair free access being provided wherever
possible.

I have the good fortune at present that such matters are not of such a
critical consideration, but I'm quite sure they will be at some point,
and at such a time I'll certainly be most grateful for provision of
step-free access.

I guess all I was thinking about was how, when advice is given for
journeys where the traveller is likely to have luggage, I sometimes
wonder whether there is a slight preoccupation towards recommending
step-free routes in exclusion of all others - obviously what is
appropriate entirely depends upon the traveller in question, but I
just worry a little that some otherwise pretty decent routes that do
involve stairs might be condemned a little too hastily.