Old April 28th 08, 07:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Best route Stansted Express - Turnham Green

In message
, at
16:23:06 on Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Mizter T remarked:
I guess all I was thinking about was how, when advice is given for
journeys where the traveller is likely to have luggage, I sometimes
wonder whether there is a slight preoccupation towards recommending
step-free routes in exclusion of all others - obviously what is
appropriate entirely depends upon the traveller in question, but I
just worry a little that some otherwise pretty decent routes that do
involve stairs might be condemned a little too hastily.

Decent routes with lots of stairs are usually obvious. Ones with no
stairs are difficult, ones with no escalators either are very tricky.

The are a few routes where being "allowed" a few stairs helps a lot.
London Bridge is one of those, with just a handful of stairs. Sounds
like "over the bridge" at Tottenham Hale is another.

What you have to imagine is perhaps a child in a buggy. Given the
location and layout of the station, and the number of steps - would you
be happy leaving the baby in the buggy at one end of the stairs, while
you first took the suitcase, left that behind, and then took the buggy.