Old April 28th 08, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default DLR to Bethnal Green: Priced via Bank or Stratford?

On 28 Apr, 10:26, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 28 Apr, 09:52, Mizter T wrote:

On 28 Apr, 00:47, MIG wrote:

I've got some queries that might take a bit of working out and could
take a bit of time and money to test.

The PAYG fare from the southern end of the DLR to Bethnal Green (zone
2) is £1, which presumably means that it is assumed to involve going
via Stratford.

Indeed.

You can also get to Bethnal Green without going to Z3, changing at Bow
Church/Road and Mile End.

Ah right. That messes up my query. I wonder if there is another
route that is priced via outer zones making it normally cheaper but
which could be done via zone 1 with a period travelcard? Will need to
think. The original was due to the fact that I really was thinking of
going to Bethnal Green (although didn't).

Question 1: If you touched at the mysterious readers at Bank DLR,
would it treat it as a continuation of a journey nevertheless always
priced at £1, or would it work out that you'd been via zone 1 and
charge £1.50/£2?

You'd be charged the via zone 1 fare.

I don't know if you would. I think we've concluded before that you're
always charged based on your end points, regardless of where you touch
during your journey (within reason).

This one can be tested at some point.

Interesting question, I'm not entirely sure, and I'm pretty sure I've
pondered on very similar issues in the past.

I believe the charging extra for out-of-zone journeys only applies if
you don't have Z1 and the presumed route is via Z1.

--http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London