Old November 21st 03, 01:00 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Grant Crozier Grant Crozier is offline

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:43:32 -0000, "Mikael Armstrong"
wrote:
Well if we had a private company running the roads using all the revenue
from road road users, we would have much better roads than now, as they
would put a far higher proportion back into the road network.

If all the goods that are carried up and down the country in multi
wheel juggernauts every day of the week where shifted on to the rail
network our road network would stay in good shape for a lot longer.
I am sure that at least 50% of the goods that travel along the M1 and
M6 every day could quite easly be shunted onto the west coast line.
Grant .