Old April 29th 08, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Paddington Barriers

Paul Scott wrote:
Any sign of these being used yet?

I saw a report elsewhere that a couple of dozen were supposed to have been
brought into use yesterday...

In use yesterday evening. With extra wide gates for bikes at both ends
- one end for in and the other for out. It also returned my 'out'
single ticket instead of eating it.

These barriers cover high-numbered platforms.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at
the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as