Old April 29th 08, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Default The 'South London Overground' and the Mayoral election

On 29 Apr, 11:07, John B wrote:
On Apr 29, 10:17 am, "John Rowland"

wrote:
[...] Ken Livingstone's pet projects [...] for the benefit of
Londoners.

LOL.

You think he doesn't want their votes?

Thanks to Labour's ballot-rigging, he hardly needs anyone's votes.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3828322.ece

Wow, it's like having our very own automatic Daily Mail Talking Point-
bot.

I wonder why he calls it Labour's ballot rigging?

Postal voting is inappropriate in a number of ways, including
fraudulent registration, dodgy canvassers "helping" vulnerable voters
etc, but also because people vote long before they've heard the case
for each candidate, which benefits any large party with established
machinery and support.

But I don't recall the publicised fraud cases relating only to one
party.