Old November 21st 03, 01:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ishmael Sayle III Ishmael Sayle III is offline

Default Graffiti

I was at Richmond the other night, smelt paint so I called for assistance,
police would have taken 10 mins to arrive, "Security" arrived and by the
time they'd realised where they were the scum had managed to escape over the
wall.

The train will still be covered in crap.

"Robin May" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Richard J." wrote the following in:

Rob wrote:
New Tube boss Tim O'Toole appeared on BBC LDN Thursday night to
talk about graffiti crackdown. He said that damaged trains would
be taken out of service until cleaned/repaired.

Today: hardly any Circle line due to "a shortage of operational
stock".

I applaud the move to get rid of graffiti, but surely most
passengers would rather have damaged trains in service than no
trains at all?

I'd rather suffer a short-term shortage of trains if it meant that
graffiti would stop. And I think it *would* stop if the vandals
were denied the pleasure of having their damage displayed in
public. IIRC the same tactics worked in New York.

Me too. It's incredibly depressing travelling on a train that's been
vandalised, they seem so dirty, nasty and unwelcoming. I've noticed a
definite improvement and it's very nice to see.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!