Old April 30th 08, 07:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Lords Cricket Ground disused tunnel

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Paul Scott wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote in message

By the by, I am somewhat stuck as to whether to refer to the new East
London Line as the "ELL" or "ELLX" - I had until recently referred to
it as the ELLX (which of course made sense when London Underground's
ELL was still running), as the term seemed to encompass the great
expansion of the line. However the South London RUS referred to it as
the ELL, and that usage matches the NLL, WLL and SLL, so I half-
decided to drop the X. Of course this doesn't actually matter at all
because you'll all know what I'm talking about - nonetheless perhaps we
should coin an entirely new name for it - how about the Daldon /
Croyston / Highdon line / Croybury / Crystalburydon / Dalace / Hoxdon /
Croxdon line...you get the idea, and I suspect that several of you
could also do somewhat better too!

Follow the example of the light blue line and just call it the Whitechapel
line?

ELL - Thameslink East
WLL - Thameslink West
NLL - Crossrail North
SLL - Crossrail South

The full orbital service - Thamescross Linkrail

tom

--
What were the skies like when you were young?