Old May 2nd 08, 02:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Trains from west ruislip depot

THC wrote:
On May 1, 11:31 am, Boltar wrote:
Given that west ruislip depot is linked to the met line and the
central line , have met line stock ever ventured onto the central
line or are they not allowed to leave the depot? If they are how far
down the line can they travel before they get a haircut?

B2003

AFAIAA the West Ruislip extension was built to a sub-surface stock

Two new road bridges have been built over the line in the Hanger Lane area
in the last 30 years: while I suspect that both are higher than mainline
gauge, I'm not sure. I do know that the Northern Line north of Highgate was
built to mainline gauge but has since been reduced to tube gauge by lowering
the North Circular Road. Also the Epping to Ongar branch was reduced to tube
gauge by the M11 (but this has been rectified by lowering the track since it
passed into private hands).