Old May 3rd 08, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ernst S Blofeld Ernst S Blofeld is offline

Default If Boris does win as now expected

Paul Scott wrote:
....what might be the effect on TfL's ability to press on with all the major
projects, given that Ken seems so much of a motivator?

Unlike most others in this thread, I'm prepared to give Boris a chance
and judge him by his actions and results as mayor - rather than engage
in rabid scaremongering, dubious fabrications and character
assassination, without even the slightest reference to his manifesto;

http://www.backboris.com/policy/transport/index.php

It should not be forgotten that similar woeful diatribes were gushing
forth in regards to Red Ken's initial appointment and he wasn't the
total disaster that was so widely feared (although that may depend on
how you view the congestion charge, for example).

My main worry is that central government will play party politics and
attempt to scupper progress as much as they can - even with existing
projects that have been committed to.

ESB