Old November 21st 03, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default LT card validity on suburban rail

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Peter Smyth wrote:

"Barry Salter" wrote in message

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:22:30 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:

there was a big story in a student paper about how our Great
Helmsman, Mr Livingstone, had changed the rules in such a way to make
the LT card more use to people living in northeast London.

The current list of interavailable routes (sourced from the September
issue of the National Rail Fares Manuals) is as follows:

[snip]

+ Liverpool Street–Seven Sisters/Tottenham Hale/Walthamstow Central (and
intermediately)

That's the bunny!

National Fares Manual page L4 which you quote allows Liv St - SS/TH/WC and
all intermediate stations

[snip]

Finally to complete the confusion
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/fa...ts-may2003.pdf
lists Liv St - SS/TH/WC but NOT at intermediate stations

So, national rail (and so WAGN) will let me use my LT card on the train,
but TfL won't. Well, since it's WAGN who actually operate the train, i
reckon it's worth a try. Provided, of course, that i can escape from the
tube station without being caught - possibly using a tunnel of some sort
("For you, Tommy, ze journey is over!").

tom

--
We start here and head south.