Old May 5th 08, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sarah Brown Sarah Brown is offline

Default If Boris does win as now expected

In article ,
MIG wrote:

Tiny grants to mythical black lesbians of less than the Mayor's lunch
expenses may make headlines for the Mail and the Standard, but they
don't really compare with how much of our money goes at ludicrous
rates of interest to even smaller numbers of directors and
shareholders of private companies under PPP and the like, out of the
budget that should have been used to maintain and run services.

I appreciate and agree with your sentiment, but would add that plenty
of these minority groups are far from mythical. I'm a member of one
such myself, and yes, we have received some small grants from the
GLA. They're tiny amonunts of money in the grand scheme of things, but
can literally make the difference between life and death for some very
vulnerable people who find themselves in a really **** situation
through no fault of their own.