Old November 21st 03, 01:16 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

"Richard J." wrote the following in:

Robin May wrote:
"Richard J." wrote the following in:

Yes, there is. The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use)
(Amendment) (No. 4) Regulations 2003. It doesn't come into
effect until 1 Dec 2003, and it only affects the use of a
hand-held mobile by the driver.

That's not a law against use of a mobile phone while moving on a
motorway. That's a law against the use of a mobile phone while
driving.

Yes, but driving is one way of moving. By your logic, I could say
"There is no law against parking on a single yellow line" because
you would claim that parking wasn't banned for 24 hrs/day.

No, driving is the act of being in control of a car. There is no law
against using a mobile phone while moving in a car, there is a law
against using a mobile phone while in control of a car. The yellow line
example doesn't hold up because there is a law against parking on
single yellow lines.

I suppose the point is, you can't just send the police after every
mobile phone in use that's moving on a motorway. You'd have thousands
of completely innocent drivers and passengers inconvenienced and
countless hours of police time wasted.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!