Old May 8th 08, 12:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
[email protected] grid56126@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default Johnson unveils Tube alcohol ban

On 8 May, 00:14, 1506 wrote:
On May 7, 3:58*pm, John B wrote: On May 7, 11:54 pm, Tom Barry wrote:

However, the wider point that someone commuting from, say, Uxbridge
can't have a drink on the way home while someone from Oxford can be
*sold* one holds true, and has interesting class implications.

I'm not sure the class point holds - someone commuting to Stratford
can buy a drink, whereas someone commuting to Chalfont and Latimer
can't even drink one...

Do the carts on Thameslink sell Alcohol? *IIRC they do.

No, because they no longer exist.

They were also removed from The fast Cambridge / Kings Lynn services
on the GN route when FCC took over.

Whoever operates the trollies on "Southern" services did have alcahol
available a few months back on the Brighton line. I wouldn't normally
take a lot of notice, however a business type indulged in a couple of
shorts en route to Brighton on the 09.06 from Victoria and recieved
some unaproving glances.

Grid