Old May 8th 08, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default What line was this...

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Paul Scott wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
"Boltar" wrote in message

On May 8, 9:45 am, chunky munky wrote:
Sounds like the spur to the Guinness brewery

Has it closed or does it all go by road now?

I think the rail connection was disused well before the brewery closed.
The brewery was soon demolished and the area is now turning into an office
park, with an increasing need for public transport (given that the North
Circular and A40 are very slow moving in the mornings).

Isn't there a plan for another new underground station associated with
the development?

Yes, on the Central line. I was under the impression that this was going
to be a new set of platforms for Park Royal station (on the Piccadilly),
but it seems it's far enough away that it'll be a separate station.

That the distance between them is so large, attentive utl readers will
recall, is because the Central line here goes up a slope, and platforms on
slopes are no longer allowed.

tom

--
Got a revolution behind my eyes - We got to get up and organise