Old May 8th 08, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default This Photography Lark is Getting Ridiculous

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Ian Jelf wrote:

As I was leaving, I was stopped by two PCSOs and asked what my business
there was. Surprised at being asked, I was staggered when they said
that their grounds for suspicion was that I was carrying.......an
umbrella!

Well, the events in Stockwell did establish that the police are quite
touchy when it comes to unseasonable gear.

Perhaps you should equip yourself with a parasol instead?

Now it's a bit of a trademark of the walking tours I do that I always
have a brolly. Sometimes in crowded places or with biggish groups it
can be a good marker and it's become a bit of a "prop" I suppose.

I was in Madrid with some friends at the weekend. One of them took hold of
the guidebook and proceeded to lead us on a tour round the city, whether
we liked it or not. He was quickly dubbed 'umbrella man'.

An interesting footnote to this is that later on while waiting to meet
the group in front of Mornington Crescent tube, one Ken Livingstone
emerged and turned off towards Camden High Street and the statue of
Richard Cobden!

Ah, maybe it was him they were after?

tom

--
Got a revolution behind my eyes - We got to get up and organise