Old May 8th 08, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default This Photography Lark is Getting Ridiculous

Ian Jelf wrote:
Further to recent discussions about people taking an interest in buses,
trains, etc. getting "hassle" from the authorities, yesterday evening I
had an interesting, non-transport-related variant which I hope will
nonetheless be of interest to people on utl and ur.

I was getting ready for a guided walk for a private group around St.
Pancras and Camden, starting at Mornington Crescent tube. Whenever I
get the chance, I always walk the route shortly before actually "doing"
the tour, just to make sure nothing untoward has "developed" since my
last visit, refresh my memory and so on.

Now one of the places I go to is the former burial ground of Saint
Martin-in-the-Fields which is perversely just South of Camden Town tube,
between Camden Street and Baynham Street. The burial ground has long
since been converted to a (rather charming and well-used) local park and
was pretty busy when I walked through at about 4.30pm. As I was
leaving, I was stopped by two PCSOs and asked what my business there
was. Surprised at being asked, I was staggered when they said that
their grounds for suspicion was that I was carrying.......an umbrella!

You should have answered in Bulgarian :-)

During my brief career shepherding foreign students I went in for bright
bow ties, so stragglers could ask people where the person in the silly
tie was.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK