Old May 8th 08, 07:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
David Buttery David Buttery is offline

Default Johnson unveils Tube alcohol ban

On Thu, 08 May 2008 10:03:59 -0700, 1506 wrote:

snip
As an asside many US transit systmes ban eating and drinking, of any
sort, on board buses and trains. LA Metro comes to mind.

So do many British ones, *except* (in general) for trains. The Midland
Metro bans it, for example, though it's not rigidly enforced and (I hope)
nobody is going to be pulled up for a bottle of water on a hot summer's
day on a crowded tram. Actually, if they were I wonder whether they'd
have a human-rights case...

--
Bewdley, Worcs. ~90m asl.