Old May 8th 08, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Boris - remove this absurd Oyster vs cash cost disparity

On 8 May, 17:47, alex_t wrote:
B) If you think I'm giving TfL my credit card details you're leaving
in a dream world

Any reasonable explanation why not?

Yes. I've had bad experiences with direct debit in the past and TfL/LU
have proven themselves time and time again to be incompetant and I
don't need the hassle of either my details being nicked by some
minimum wage eejit working in their back room or more likely just a
foul up over payment with all the hassle that entails.

Yes, but the cost of paper tickets, handling, printing, proofing them
from fakes - all the extra costs that TfL needs to cover somehow. And

Fakes?? When the hell did anyone last see a fake paper travelcard!

the less people use paper tickets, the more expensive it gets for
single ticket (economy of scale) and the bigger loss for TfL.

So self fullfilling prophesy then - less people use them because they
jack the price up so they can claim they want to get rid of them
because less people use them and hence its less economic. Nice.

B2003