Old May 8th 08, 08:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Johnson unveils Tube alcohol ban

"1506" wrote in message

On May 7, 4:38 pm, Railist wrote:
On May 8, 12:14 am, 1506 wrote:

On May 7, 3:58 pm, John B wrote: On May 7,
11:54 pm, Tom Barry wrote:

However, the wider point that someone commuting from, say,
Uxbridge can't have a drink on the way home while someone from
Oxford can be *sold* one holds true, and has interesting class
implications.

I'm not sure the class point holds - someone commuting to Stratford
can buy a drink, whereas someone commuting to Chalfont and Latimer
can't even drink one...

Do the carts on Thameslink sell Alcohol? IIRC they do.

I don't think it does have 'class' implications. I think there is a
problem with anti-social behaviour on the Underground, but my issue
is how will this be enforced?

With some difficulty one would have thought. At one time, one of the
Circle Line stations had a bar on the platform. IIRC it was Saint
James Park.

Sloan Square, I thought.