Old May 8th 08, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
alex_t alex_t is offline

Default Boris - remove this absurd Oyster vs cash cost disparity

Yes. I've had bad experiences with direct debit in the past and TfL/LU
have proven themselves time and time again to be incompetant and I
don't need the hassle of either my details being nicked by some
minimum wage eejit working in their back room or more likely just a
foul up over payment with all the hassle that entails.

My question was about credit card, not direct debit - and it is much
easier to get refund with credit card, compared to DD.

Fakes?? When the hell did anyone last see a fake paper travelcard!

About 6 months ago I saw in the news some gang that was busted for
making fake paper travelcards.

So self fullfilling prophesy then - less people use them because they
jack the price up so they can claim they want to get rid of them
because less people use them and hence its less economic. Nice.

I'd argue that majority of people switched to Oyster because it is
much more convenient.