Old May 8th 08, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Boris - remove this absurd Oyster vs cash cost disparity

On May 8, 9:49*pm, Tony Dragon wrote:
Boltar wrote:
On 8 May, 17:30, James Farrar wrote:
Bottom line, when you get penalised because you screwed up - that's
no-one's fault but your own.

You are a jackass arn't you. I had money on me , ergo I didn't screw
up. Money is a valid form of payment in this country in case you
hadn't noticed and everywhere else excepts it without penalties.
Except TfL. Why? Because they're nasty spiteful little ****s who
couldn't run the proverbial **** up but make life harder than it needs
to be for no good reason.

B2003

TFL have decided that they want people to use Oyster as it is cheaper
for them as they do not have to deal with the expense of handling cash,
it also means that the bus drivers etc do not have so much cash on them.
They have decided to give a discount to those who want to use Oyster.
If you do not want to avail yourself of this discount, don't, but
remember it is your choice, so stop complaining.
Do you use a season ticket, if so you are getting a discount on the
normal fares, but I expect you would not use one by the same token.

You may have had some valid arguments about handling cash etc, but to
claim that £4 single fares are simply not availing oneself of a
discount is pure spin.

If fare increases had continued, a single zone 1 cash fare would have
been about £2 by now. It couldn't possibly have reached £4.

£1.50 instead of £2 could be described as a discount.

£4 instead of £2 is a penalty fare.