Old May 8th 08, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
1506 1506 is offline

Default Johnson unveils Tube alcohol ban

On May 8, 1:23*pm, "Recliner" wrote:
"1506" wrote in message

On May 7, 4:38 pm, Railist wrote:
On May 8, 12:14 am, 1506 wrote:

On May 7, 3:58 pm, John B wrote: On May 7,
11:54 pm, Tom Barry wrote:

However, the wider point that someone commuting from, say,
Uxbridge can't have a drink on the way home while someone from
Oxford can be *sold* one holds true, and has interesting class
implications.

I'm not sure the class point holds - someone commuting to Stratford
can buy a drink, whereas someone commuting to Chalfont and Latimer
can't even drink one...

Do the carts on Thameslink sell Alcohol? IIRC they do.

I don't think it does have 'class' implications. I think there is a
problem with anti-social behaviour on the Underground, but my issue
is how will this be enforced?

With some difficulty one would have thought. *At one time, one of the
Circle Line stations had a bar on the platform. *IIRC it was Saint
James Park.

Sloan Square, I thought.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, that is the one. It has been a while!