Old May 9th 08, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default This Photography Lark is Getting Ridiculous

On Fri, 09 May 2008 10:16:00 GMT someone who may be Chris Tolley
wrote this:-

Some cyclists are, without doubt, reckless, and are a danger not only to
themselves but to others.

That is true of most groups of people.

When I were a lad, such people were the
exception. Perhaps they still are, but it seems to be less of an
exception than it was.

Another possibility is that your perception of danger has changed as
you got older.

Over the past year, I can recall one situation I observed where I felt
that a motorist had potentially caused danger to a cyclist. It would be
four or five where the cause of the danger was the cyclist.

How does a cyclist cause danger to a motorist? While most things are
possible it is not easy. Motorists are inside a box, so even of the
cyclist crashes into them at high speed they are likely to walk away
with no injuries. It is not the same the other way round.

Note that some motorists have claimed not to have noticed that they
were killing a cyclist or pedestrian, that is how isolated some are
from the world outside their little box.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh