Old May 9th 08, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Johnson unveils Tube alcohol ban

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Tom Barry wrote:

Mark Robinson wrote:
1506 wrote:

As an asside many US transit systmes ban eating and drinking, of any
sort, on board buses and trains. LA Metro comes to mind.

In the UK, Metrolink bans all food and drink (maybe other tram systems
too?) I was once allowed to *carry* a takeaway on a Metrolink tram by
the TTIs, so long as I kept it wrapped up and wasn't tempted to eat any
of it. I was told in no uncertain terms that even this concession was
on a "Just this once" basis.

To which the obvious next question is - is Metrolink better or worse for
drunken loutish behaviour than the London Underground? I've no idea how
to answer that, though, but here's a start:

http://www.almostwitty.com/weird/an-...the-metrolink/

On-train dealers! When oh when will we have such luxuries in London?

tom

--
I could tell you a great many more particulars but suppose that you are
tired of it by this time. -- John Backhouse, Trainspotter Zero