Old May 9th 08, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Boris - remove this absurd Oyster vs cash cost disparity

On 9 May, 17:10, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
MIG wrote

Today, while queuing at the ticket office (with a slightly shorter

queue than the machine with a pad) purely to find out how much credit
I had left, because the barriers don't display anything, a couple in
front of me were being charged £8 to get to Finsbury Park and were
shocked.

They lived in Cambridge and had no intention of getting Oyster cards

(£6 in deposits?). *Welcome to London.

So why didn't they buy a through ticket to Finsbury Park at Cambridge ?

I assume that they were going to pick up their Cambridge train at
Finsbury Park (maybe with a Cambridge - Finsbury Park return), having
visited Central London.

But I didn't engage them in conversation.